Access to patient data enhances a physician’s ability to make accurate diagnostic assessments and select the most appropriate and effective form of treatment. Medical devices, when used with telemedicine application, increases reliability by delivering superior medical images and precise patient data to clinicians. It enables healthcare providers to make informed decisions, speed up the delivery of treatment and improve health outcomes of patients.
Inefficiencies and errors in healthcare are still persistent because of low-key technology that the healthcare industry adopts. The pen-and-paper approach followed to capture the patient’s record is inefficient and increases the risk of loss of records. This can prove to be extremely dangerous in the case of patients in need of urgent care.
The low-key technology implementation in telemedicine solution typically results in poor video conferencing capabilities, absence of patient examination using integrated medical devices and a pen-and-paper based prescription during an ongoing video consultation. Overall user experience and the quality thus suffers immensely.
Using Gloheal telemedicine platform, doctors can examine their remote patient in real-time with integrated medical devices that capture and store patient’s vitals digitally, thereby making it accessible anytime, anywhere.
Let’s understand how Gloheal Telemedicine solution offers improved outcomes and care to the patients.
Gloheal telemedicine solution
Gloheal telemedicine solution typically includes an SLA bound managed service platform, specialized medical devices, high –quality video conferencing network, and seamless IT solutions. This enables healthcare providers to operate an effective virtual OPD. For patients, an in-person medical advice from best doctors without investing time and money in travel and stay improves care outcomes. This has highly improved patient satisfaction and retention rate, as per a recent survey. Using a five-point scale, 91 percent of patients gave telemedicine consultation a score of 4 or 5. Likewise, the telemedicine patients' scores on quality-of-life assessments surged more dramatically throughout the study.
Physical examinations using integrated medical devices: To enable basic physical examination, Gloheal’s state of the art telemedicine supports a host of telemetry/ medical devices enabling clinicians to remotely access the patient’s vitals and other key parameters with clinically proven accuracy.
Types of Integrated medical devices:
• General Examination Camera: Examination camera enables the doctor at the far end with a real-time video feed of the patient. The local assistant a.k.a. Virtual Clinic Assistant (VCA) manages the patient on directions from the doctor.
• Digital Stethoscope: Enables VCA to examine the patient’s chest and heartbeat; the doctor at the far end can listen to the heartbeat and direct the VCA to carry out the required examination.
• Body Temperature: Enables VCA to check the body temperature of the patient using an integrated thermometer; result of which is stored and displayed with the doctor during an ongoing consult.
• Blood Pressure/ Pulse: The reading of the pulse is taken by the VCA through the integrated blood pressure device; readings of which are reflected on the doctor’s screen.
• Pulse Oximeter: A finger clip is attached to the patient; the results of which are shared with the doctor on his screen.
• ECG: To collect the readings the VCA connects 12 ECG leads on the patient; data of which is collected and shared with the doctor during an ongoing consultation.
• Otoscope/ Ophthalmoscope/ Derma-scope: Detachable scope/ lens is attached to the devices (as per the doctor’s advice) and the examination is done by the VCA; the doctor can view the video feed during an ongoing consultation in real-time.
All the connected devices mentioned above transmits the patient’s vitals with full efficiency to the doctor located at the far end through Gloheal application. In essence: Let’s say a patient walks into the local doctor’s clinic for a cardiac assessment with his medical records. The local doctor checks the patient’s history and conducts a basic physical examination to collect the existing signs and symptoms. After the examination, the doctor connects the patient with the cardiologist using Gloheal Virtual ClinicTM. The specialist from the far end examines the patient’s heartbeat using a digital stethoscope and takes a real-time ECG reading to understand irregularities, if any. The specialist then advises treatment options to the patient accordingly.
The local doctors/ paramedic also use telemetry devices (listed above) during an ongoing consultation. This enables them to collect a patient’s vitals and perform necessary examinations as directed by the specialists. Here, all the vitals examined using the integrated devices are captured and saved in the patient’s medical records which the local doctor or the specialist can access anytime anywhere.
Benefits of integrated medical devices for doctors
• Accuracy facilitating improved decision making
• Continuity of care
• Increased patient satisfaction level
• Real-time experience
• A proper understanding of the diseases
With Gloheal, doctors are reaching out to the remotest patients and providing quality care by capturing and storing medical data digitally with the help of integrated telemetry devices. In addition, the device provides precise data with minimal or no error, empowering the healthcare provider to make an informed decision about the patient’s treatment.
For more information, visit: http://www.gloheal.com/ You can write to us at email@example.com